We tackled "Burnin' Out" first for little to no reason at all. Compared to the demo, the beginning has a longer intro section and and the end has a more decisive resolution.
After changing a cymbal and adding a rack tom, we set a few levels and ripped out three takes of "Cashing" with the third being the best. The second take was great and we were gonna use it so we decided to record one more without the "stress" of it having to be "the one" and it turned out better. Funny how that happens.
It's crazy to think that the drums are all recorded. Jim and I set a goal of having the majority of recording done by the end of January and that is now a possibility. Being unemployed has definitely made it possible for me to give the project so much of my attention. That being said, I have to go back to work so I can pay for quality mastering!